Saturday, June 25, 2011

The #13 thing I love about Brasil is......
Farmácias (drugstores). They rock, if you have any ailment, chances are that the person behind the counter knows the cure. I trust them more than I trust real doctors. Just an example, the other day my eye (mind you this is my good eye) got really swollen, like I had gotten into a fight. So Since I hadn't gotten into any fights I thought well that's strange, I should go to the doctor. So when the doctor examined my eye she says, "well,  I don't see anything that calls my attention. Just use eye drops and have a nice day." I was like wait is that it. really? So then I went to the drugstore and the people were super helpful, they told me that it was probably because it hadn't rained in forever and that washing my eyes with Soro filiológico would probably cure it right up. So if you ever don't feel good in Brazil, go ahead and trust your lives to the Farmácia down on the street corner. Até logo e um abraço.

No comments:

Post a Comment