Monday, April 2, 2012

The number 23 thing I love about Brazil.................

  The number 23 thing that I love about Brazil is Brazilian's genuine curiosity about different cultures. I have come to realize that no matter how long I live in Brazil, every time I meet someone new They will ask me the same questions. "Why Brazil?" "How did you learn do speak Portuguese?" "Don't you get homesick?" etc. etc. etc. But what I enjoy about meeting new people is not the fact that I am increasing my social network, but I enjoy that through their genuine curiosity about me, they make me feel welcome. 


  Unfortunately Brazilians still have a  lack of contact with Americans and people from other countries, unlike the US where when you hear someone speak a different language you go on like it is nothing new. Here in Brazil people love to hear you speak in English, they love to hear about you, they are an open people, and my tip of the day is, if you are in Brazil, don't be offended if they ask many personal questions, it's perfectly normal. My wife will agree with me on this one, Brazilians tend to not have any sort of filter when it comes to speaking their minds or asking personal questions, so don't be put off. The trick is to act Brazilian in a polite american way. So until next time, abraço.


Senhor Todo Vermelho

No comments:

Post a Comment